Open PhD Position available
PhD position in structural and functional neuroimaging at DSGZ & Institute for Neuroradiology
We are delighted to announce a PhD position in structural and functional neuroimaging in the group of Prof. Peter zu Eulenburg in the Institute for Neuroradiologiy at the University Hospital of the Ludwig-Maximilians-University in Munich. The main focus of the PhD applicant will be to delineate biological features of long-duration exposure to microgravity in longitudinal neuroimaging data from astronauts and cosmonauts. The applicant will work on projects for cranial tissue classifications from standard T1-weighted magnetic resonance imaging and dynamic causal modelling of functional data.
What we offer
- A 3-year PhD position (E13 TV-L 65%) in an interdisciplinary and international research environment with a starting data 1st November or 1st December 2020
- Supervision and mentoring with respect to scientific development
- Collaborations in Germany, France and Belgium as part of the project
- Training opportunities within the Graduate School of Systemic Neurosciences at the LMU
- Master´s degree (or equivalent) in neuroscience, cognitive science, biology, biological psychology, or a related field
- Experience with programming languages such as Matlab, Phython or R
- Strong writing, science communication and organizational skills
- Experience with neuroimaging/imaging data processing and related analyses packages as a plus
To apply: Please send your CV, names of two potential referees, a single page letter of motivation and if applicable representative publications to Peter zu Eulenburg (Peter.zu.Eulenburg@med.uni-muenchen.de). Please mention “LEO-Space Brain” in the subject line of your email.