List of upcoming events and photos of past activities
GSN Culture Clubs
GSN Film club
When: approximately every two weeks, alternating Tuesday and Wednesday evenings
Where: GSN seminar room (B00.051), ground floor, Biocenter
The films shown are not usually shown in mainstream cinemas, either because they are old or non-Hollywood (although there are exceptions). Some of the films screened in the past: Primer, World on a Wire, Grave of the Fireflies, Fantastic Mr. Fox, La Jeteé, Tokyo Story, L'Avventura, Andrei Rublev and Days of Heaven.
For more info contact
Events 2017 / Past events 2016
The following events are upcoming. Be sure to contact Catherine Botheroyd (email@example.com) in order to sign up!
- Table at Oktoberfest (More: tba), 17 September.
- Orientation week (Mountain Weekend), 6-10 October.
- Workshop "Coping with the challenges of a PhD", 11-13 October.
- Careers Beyond Science, Talks by GSN Alumni, 26 October.
- Guided Halloween Citytour starting at Sendlinger Tor, 27 October.
- Workshop "Almost There - Preparing For The Viva Defense", 27-28 October.
- Workshop "Speaking with confidence" by Pete Moore, 6-7 November.
- Poster Workshop by Pete Moore, 8-9 November.
- Industrial Visit, more tba.
- Gender Equality Mini Symposium (more tba), 22 November.
- Workshop in San Servolo “The Senses: Cross-species Perspectives from Science and Art”, 28 Nov-2 Dec, more tba.
- Workshop "Good Scientific Practice", 30 November & 1 December.
- Workshop "Grant Writing", 7-8 December.
- Graduation Day, 15 December.
- Talking Science Event, 20-21- December.
top Past events in 2016/2017:
Click on the activity to see photos from each event, below is a list of photo archives for past years. Note that all photo archives are password protected, GSN students and associates should contact Catherine Botheroyd for access information
- Event "PhD and the road ahead", 2 August
- Rafting on the Isar, 5 August
- GSN Retreat (Frauenchiemsee) & End of term meeting, 30 June & 1-2 July
- Visit the Zoo Hellabrunn with a guided tour by Prof. Chadi Touma (tbc), 14 July
- Workshop "How to apply to a job inside and outside of academia", 20-21 July
- GSN/MCN/Amgen/BCCN Summerparty, 24 July
Workshop "Teaching Skills", 8-9 June
- Workshop "A different approach to job hunting" by Rob Thompsen, 22-23 June
- Workshop "Relaxation and breathing techniques for the scientific minded", 3 evening sessions (26 & 28 June, 6 July)
- Joining GSN Team at München Stadtlauf, 26 June
- Interview week, 3-10 May
- Workshop "Challenging Career", 18-19 May
- Food Tasting Tour Haidhausen, 20 May
- Workshop "Teaching Skills", 20-21 April & 9 Sept.
- Art walk, Kochel am See, 29 April.
- Kids brain Day, 31 March.
- Munich Brain Course, 31 March-1 April.
- Poster Workshop by Pete Moore, 23-24 March.
- Workshop "Speaking with Confidence" by Pete Moore, 21-22 March.
- Workshop "Conflict Management" by Viola Kraus, 16 March & 28 April.
- Workshop "Go public, develop your voice and convince a broad audience" by Christoph Burkhardt, 13-14 March.
- Stockholm excursion, 6-9 March. (10-15 participants)
Workshop "Coping with the Challenges of a PhD" (for all new PhD Students), 1-3 March.
- End of term meeting with the GSN team and Prof. Dr. Benedikt Grothe, 1 March.
- Life-Science Graduate Network Get-together, starting 18:00 o´clock, @ Biocenter, 23 Feb.
- Visit to Buchheim Museum, 11 Feb.
- Workshop "How to apply for a job inside & outside academia" by Viola Kraus, 2-3 Feb.
- Intercultural workshop followed by pizza baking, international cooking, GSN charity flea market, 27 Jan.
- Snow shoe event in Bayrischzell area, 14 Jan.
- Visit: Roche Diagnostics GmbH in Penzberg near Munich, 09 Dec.
- GSN Graduation Day and 10-Year Anniversary, 25 Nov.
- Workshop "Blitz review of wavelet convolution & phase-based connectivity analyses", 31 Oct. and Talk "Matrix analysis in neuroscience", 02 Nov. by Mike X Cohen, PhD
- International Training in Academia and International Cooking Night, 28 Oct.
- Alumni Talk by Daniel Nagel "Careers beyond Science", 20 Oct.
- "Discussions on scientific practice - a meeting series with beer and pizza." Benedikt Grothe and Andreas Herz: "Conflicts of interest and research integrity", 18 Oct.
- Orientation Week, 04-09 Oct.
- Workshop San Servolo "Memory consolidation: Synapses, systems, philosophical implications", 28 Sept. - 04 Oct.
- NEUROSPIN Retreat, 26-28 Sept.
- GSN Rafting, 06 Aug.
- GSN Retreat, 15-17 Jul.
- MCN/GSN/BCCN/Amgen Summerparty with Bavarian dancing workshop, 11. Jul.
- Workshop by Prof. Ole Paulsen, 27-28 Jun.
- GSN München Stadtlauf, 26 Jun.
- Talk, 20 Jun. and Workshop, 21 Jun. by Emily Cross
- Visit Viktualienmarkt, 18 Jun
- Photography Course with GSN faculty member Dr. Ali Ertürk, Part II - 1 Jun
- Talk by Gabriel Curio, 30 May
- Guided Tour: Hellabrunn Zoo, 20 May
- Photography Course with GSN faculty member Dr. Ali Ertürk, Part I - 18 May
- Visit Borst Lab, 11 May
- Interview Week, 27 Apr. - 03 May
- Talk, 25 Apr. and Workshop, 26 Apr. by Dr. Balazs Hangya: "Chronic electrophysiology combined with optogenetics"
- Lisbon Scientific Excursion, 12-15 Apr.
- Beer Brewing Seminar at Giesinger Brauerrei, 08 Apr.
- Tour of Neurological Clinic with Prof. Marianne Dieterich, 06 Apr.
- Kids' Brain Day, 11 Mar.
- Cross Country Skiing, 13 Feb.